The Keith Monks 'Archivist Duo' - RCM Mk.V
- Specialist Broadcast-Archive Standard Precision Record Cleaning Machine for broadcast and archival institutions
- Cleans 16” transcriptions, shellac (78rpm) records, rare early unusual and valuable discs such as acetates, lacquers, laminated and vulcanite discs, plus separate built-in wash system for vinyl singles and LP records
- Two separate on-deck 16" brush and wash systems: unique deck-mounted brush cradles each with built in fluid application system for two different cleaning fluids
- Supplied with a complete set of Keith Monks discOveryTM Precision Record Cleaning Brushes for 7” 45rpm singles, 10” LPs/78s, 12” LP records and 16” transcriptions
- Now supplied complete with suction nozzle for vinyl records plus a new special nozzle for shellac discs (78s etc)
- Available to broadcast organisations, sound archives, studios, museums, educational and other institutions only
The world’s first - and only – Record Cleaning Machine designed specifically for the care and preservation of both vinyl and shellac records. The ‘Archivist’ allows quick and easy cleaning of 16” transcriptions, shellac (78rpm) discs, rare early unusual and valuable records such as acetates, lacquers, laminated and vulcanite discs, as well as standard vinyl singles and LP records.
The ‘Archivist Duo’ features two separate deck-mounted brush holders each combined with completely separate fluid reservoir systems for two different cleaning fluids – usually one for vinyl records and another for shellac, amongst other combinations.
Each brush is attached to a mounting block assembly from which the cleaning fluid is dispensed via a handpump (the exact same car windscreen/windshield washer fluid pump from the classic British 1960s Austin Mini). The deck mounted brush system is much faster than using a bottle and brush, it is very convenient and easy and less tiring to use, especially if a lot of records need cleaning in one session. The manual handpump also allows precise control of the fluid, making the whole process fast, simple and less messy from spills. This system is unique to Keith Monks Record Cleaning Machines.
The 'Archivist' has two brush blocks, each linked to separate fluid application systems. This allows the user to have two different cleaning fluids always ready for use and saves having to flush the system out before cleaning a different type of record. A popular use is keeping Keith Monks discOvery33/45TM in one reservoir for vinyl, while the others contains discOvery78TM fluid for washing shellac disc.
The suction arm then glides quietly across the record, vacuuming up the fluid together with all the dirt and particles now dissolved or floating in suspension, and leaving the disc completely dry, clean and ready to play.
Available in a choice of finishes:
- 'Classic White' (light cream with elegant white trim),
- 'Royal Blue' (deep blue with elegant black trim), and
- 'English Oak' (premium golden oak finish sealed in layers of clear protective polymer)
All units are carefully hand-built in Great Britain by our skilled engineers in our new 2000sq.ft production facility - keeping pace with the renewed and growing demand for the best and most famous Record Cleaning Machine in the world.
The Keith Monks 'Archivist Duo Omni'
New 'Omni' version of the 'Archivist' with fully adjustable on-deck fluid application system and interchangeable brushes for 7", 10", 12" and 16" records
Click here for more
Keith Monks. “Making records sound better since 1969.”